Hotels around the world are updating and upgrading to meet the demands of the more discriminating traveller. It has become one of my favorite past times while travelling to evaluate the form and function of the hotel rooms.
I am not getting younger and neither are you. Are the hotel designers doing a good job of keeping us comfortable and safe while we are in our home away from home?
- Is there enough light to read in bed?
- Is there enough light to put on make up on in the bathroom or in the room?
- Is there a night light?
- Is there a safe way to get into the shower?
- Can I read the writing on the little bottles when I am in the shower?
- Does the tub have no slip surface?
- Is the bathroom floor slippery when wet?
These are just a few things to think about the next time you are in a hotel. Be critical and keep yourself safe. Using the comment card is a great way be heard and to help management give travellers the best possible experience.
Happy travels and send us photos of the best and the worst bathroom designs!